Membership in the Order must prove lineal descent from a man or woman who, before March 4, 1791:
(1) resided in the Vermont Colony on land located anywhere within the bounds of present-day Vermont or
(2) engaged in commercial enterprise within the bounds of present-day Vermont regardless of place of residence or
(3) owned land situated in the present-day state or
(4) had military service of record that benefited or sought to secure the liberty of the state of Vermont or
(5) born in the Vermont Colony, or
(6) engaged in civil service within the bounds of the present-day Vermont.
A one-time payment of $190 is required for membership. The fee includes the cost of initiation, lifetime dues, a Certificate of Membership and an Insigne of the Order.
The Order also offers junior membership to boys and girls through the age of 18 years, provided their sponsoring relative, no more distantly related than three generations, has previously established membership in the Order.
For a membership application and instructions, please contact Larry A. Peck, Genealogist, OFFVT.
New England Hereditary Societies